A Strategic Place
Map of Tulum Mexico
In Tulum from Tierras del Sol in a few minutes you can drive along all the Riviera Maya and its surroundings. These are some interest points:
- MAYAN RUINS OF TULUM: 10 minutes
- SIAN KA'AN ECOLOGICAL
- RESERVE: 5 minutes
- CAVERN "TWO EYES": 20 minutes
- TOWN OF TULUM: 15 minutes
- RUINS OF COBA: 30 minutes
- XCARET: 45 minutes
- XEL-HA: 30 minutes
- AKUMAL: 30 minutes
- PLAYA DEL CARMEN BEACH: 1 hours
- CANCUN CITY: 2 hours
- CHETUMAL CITY: 3 hours
- MERIDA CITY: 3 hours and a half
- BORDER WITH BELIZE : 250 Km
- GUATEMALAN BORDER: 550 Km
- TULUM-PALENQUE: 12 hour
- The best way to get here and move around Tulum is renting a car. You’ll find the main international car rental offices at Cancun airport.
Tulum has three local rental car companies. General rate goes between $35.00 and $80.00 USD. daily.
- If you don’t want to rent a car, you can use share transportation or hire a taxi cab and from here we can tell you the best way to get around.
Approximate taxi rates are:
Tulum town to Tierras del Sol $10 USD.
Cancun´s airport to Tierras del Sol $70 USD.
Make sure to ask for the rates before you hire the cab.
- At Tulum only few shops accept credit cards but there are banks and atm machines as well as money exchange.